Talk Nerdy to Me: Movies I thought would be goofy but were actually so good
Sometimes I reluctantly see a movie that looks super goofy, hoping that I'll be pleasantly surprised. Here are five times I was completely blown away:
1) What We Do in the Shadows looked so weird but was so freaking phenomenal. Taika Waititi is a genius.
2) I kind of got tricked into watching 21 Jump Street, and I'm so glad I did because I laughed forever.
3) I had absolutely no interest in seeing John Wick, despite the number of people who told me it was great. Well, they were right.
4) The Neighbors was a movie I never planned to see, but I laughed until I cried and saw the sequel the second it came out.
5) I was always going to see Guardians of the Galaxy because I see every Marvel movie, but I had no idea what to expect. Could the guy from Parks & Rec, a talking raccoon, and a giant tree really make a good movie? Yes, yes they could.
What movies did you expect to not love and end up being totally impressed by? Let's chat in the comments!