Monday Motivation | 11 Ways to take a time-out
Within the Geek Girl Strong community we talk about self-care a lot.
We’re all about the idea of powering up your magic meter so that you can feel better and do better!
This Monday (the last Monday in November) means we’ve made it to the holiday season.
- Buying just the right gifts.
- Spending time with family.
- Cyber Monday.
All of these things could bring joy to some and empty magic meters for others.
So today I bring you a list of ways to get +1 on your Magic, one for every month you’ve survived this year:
- Take some slow deep breaths (maybe even let out a sigh when you’re alone).
- Call/text a trusted person.
- Take a nap.
- Choose a restorative yoga pose to relax in (corpse pose is a favorite).
- Go for a walk alone (or with someone you can easily talk to/be quiet with).
- Pet a pet!
- Smell a relaxing scent (lavender does the trick for me).
- Take a dance break (alone or not).
- Watch something funny.
- Read something “easy”.
- Turn off your electronics (for at least an hour).
Bonus: Take that vacation you’ve been promising yourself!
Let us know how you take care of your magic meter in the comments (or join the conversation at GGS Instagram!)